Gaming Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking gaming to a whole new level.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who likes movement?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SoulSlayer
Radwaste
SoulSlayer

Who likes movement? Empty
PostSubject: Who likes movement?   Who likes movement? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi,if you like movement get out and practice Parkour & Freerunning.
Parkour is the physical discipline of training to overcome any obstacle within one's path by adapting one's movements to the environment.It is a non-competitive, physical discipline of French origin in which participants run along a route, attempting to negotiate obstacles in the most efficient way possible. Skills such as jumping and climbing, or the more specific parkour moves are employed.The object of parkour is to get from one place to another using only the human body and the objects in the environment. The obstacles can be anything in one's environment, but parkour is often seen practiced in urban areas because of the many suitable public structures available such as buildings and rails.

Freerunning is almost like Parkour but while freerunning is more to do with expressing yourself within your environment, parkour is aiming to get from A to B the fastest. However, there is some controversy over the exact definitions of the two terms. Though disputed, many "parkour purists" say that the biggest difference has to do with theatrics. Free-running involves a lot of trick moves, particularly aerial rotations and spins. Because these moves are merely showy, not economical, and do not actually help the participant to get from place to place, they are considered contrary to the nature of parkour. A free-runner may also move backwards in order to make a move as flashy as possible. This is contrary to the philosophy originally laid down by David Belle.

Look at this if you really want to practice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPfOoZ7HC6w
Back to top Go down
Tavi
Board Administrator
Board Administrator
Tavi

Who likes movement? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who likes movement?   Who likes movement? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:13 pm

I am surprised to see that someone is interested in parkour/free run.Indeed,as you said many people don't make the difference between these 2.I'm not experienced in free run,but I'm trying to get to master the parkour art,if i may call it like this.
I'm really glad someone posted this.I have no doubts that you would turn out to be a great free runner/parkour master.Btw nice video.Don't forget,practice makes perfect!
Cheers:!:
Back to top Go down
http://Www.canisasakuraban.ro

Who likes movement?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gaming Studios :: Off Topic :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: